Product & Marketing Leader
Innovation | Product Management | Agile Software Development | Web Services | Leadership
Leading product innovation efforts to drive revenue, grow marketshare and dominate industries
15+ years’ experience managing and leading high-performance teams. Outstanding leadership and people management skills with proven ability to influence and collaborate in a matrix environment. Set vision and build strong team environment of innovation and collaboration. Craft annual revenue projections based on strategic plans. Monitor, report, and analyze financial performance against plan. Deliver financial results by developing and cultivating essential cross-departmental working relationships. Complete product lifecycle management from business case through end of life. Global B2B, B2B2C, and B2C marketing & product experience. Leverage performance dashboards to drive operational excellence. Direct decisions through research, data analysis, business case, SWOT analysis, and competitive differentiators. Drive product quality and product excellence. Lead strategic partnerships and innovation by identifying key technologies, spearhead testing, negotiate price and contracts, drive implementation, manage vendor relationships, and confirm strong return on investment (ROI). Ensure governance, compliance, and regulatory processes are followed. Passionate about exceptional user design that simplifies work and reduces human error. Guide business intelligence efforts to design, develop and deliver value-added solutions. Expertise in existing & emerging technologies, database & IT technologies, pragmatic marketing, go-to-market strategy, agile software development, lean methodologies, mobile applications, web technologies, UX design, competitive analysis, business intelligence, & data analytics solutions.
Rocky Mountain Product Development & Management Association: Past Board of Directors
Pragmatic Marketing Certification – Effective Product Marketing
Hubspot – Inbound Certification
Senior Product Manager/Product Owner, Healthgrades 2017 to Present
Mobile first, B2B, B2B2C and B2C SaaS software technology company. Manage team of 6 including coaching, training, removing obstacles, and prioritizing resources. Coordinate product development efforts with six other teams to manage scope, quality of product delivery and timelines. Use data driven process and user interaction to assess product performance. Focus on improving efficiencies, processes and quality control. Analyze performance metrics to drive product improvements. Work with development to establish release schedule for new enhancements. Manage cost, risk, schedule and technical performance. Conduct market & competitive research.
- Perform statistical NLP to mine unstructured data and deliver actionable insight
- Produce 17% greater output within agile sprint process by leveraging stretch goals
- Establish KPIs, develop dashboards, identify trends, measure, and monitor performance
- Map and optimize end-to-end customer journey, identify and fill gaps, and measure results
- Monitor, track, drive and report campaign performance to reach and exceed program goals
Director Product Management, Maximum Performance Consulting 2009 to 2017
Technology consulting firm. Industries include manufacturing, healthcare, B2B & B2C software & electronics, e-commerce, mobile apps, financial services, and consumer package goods. Lead both product & marketing teams. Generate, evaluate, incubate, and validate new product ideas. Install best practice product management processes. Build robust product roadmaps, including establishing cadence for product extensions, upgrades, and new products. Define and drive product vision. Build in-depth understanding of the market, industry, buyers and users, through research, testing, win/loss analysis, and advisory boards. Oversee development of business case for new opportunities including competitive analysis, industry trends, and financial analysis. Analyze performance metrics to drive product improvements. Define product positioning and messaging. Support, train & empower direct, reseller, and channel sales teams. Set & execute marketing & go-to-market plans for over 25 products and services.
- Create industry-first analytics benchmarking & best practices application
- Launch 5 new products on a SaaS platform that averaged 112% of plan
- Drive globalization and localization efforts to strategically target key international markets
- Utilize agile software development process to react quickly to changing market demands
Senior Product Manager, Intermap Technologies – Englewood, CO 2014 to 2016
Global geospatial B2B analytics software manufacturer. Led development of new markets. Managed 2 teams (9 employees) including hiring, training, and coaching. Developed annual and quarterly revenue plans for achieving market growth and sales targets. Defined, prioritized and drove product vision. Built robust product roadmaps, including establishing cadence for product extensions, upgrades, and new products. Analyzed performance metrics to drive product improvements. Identified market needs, crafted and articulated product vision, defined and drove product strategy, converted product requirements to user stories, prioritized backlog, and created and implemented global go-to-market and product launch plans. Defined & tested product positioning and messaging. Identified and optimized new business opportunities. Supported, trained & empowered direct, reseller, and channel sales teams. Coordinated responses to RFPs.
- Negotiated critical vendor contract that saved Intermap over $225k
- Grew reseller program 7%, channel sales 5%, & professional services 9%
- Worked closely with sales to close over $5 million in revenue, up 50% year to date
- Turned around poorly performing data authoring through process improvement efforts
Director Marketing – Rocky Mountain Product Development & Management: 2012 to 2013
Association dedicated to educating and training the Front Range product management and marketing community on product management and marketing best practices. Responsible for multiple monthly marketing campaigns to drive membership and attendance of monthly training. Leveraged marketing automation and social media technologies to reach a broader audience. Reached out to local businesses and organizations to drive new membership and program attendance.
- Grew local membership by 14% through numerous community outreach programs.
- Grew attendance 28% through innovative program agendas and dynamic speakers.
- Partnered with other local associations to cross-promote and drive membership.
- Marketed corporate sponsorship program which added thousands to operating expenses.
- Reached product management and marketing community to identify dynamic speakers.
- Conducted surveys to identify cutting edge topics and program curriculum.
Director of Marketing & Product Development Star Power Systems – Boulder, CO 2006 to 2009
Realtor online training organization. Led cross functional team of 12 including 5 product managers. Developed annual and quarterly revenue plans for achieving market growth and sales targets. Managed global marketing and product innovation strategy. Defined, prioritized and drove product vision. Identified and optimized new business opportunities. Supported, trained & empowered direct sales team through collateral, demos, and sales calls. Executed marketing strategy including coordination of in-bound and out-bound marketing campaigns, digital marketing, lead generation, pricing, promotion, web, advertising, social media, webinars, and conference & trade shows. Identified ways to enhance margins through pricing, cost containment and effective use of resources. Developed clear and concise product positioning and messaging based on research, testing, and in-depth understanding of residential real estate market.
- Developed and executed go-to-market strategies for 6 products averaging 140%+ of plan
- Launched e-commerce membership website that produced $85K+/month in revenue
- Developed cross-selling and upselling web tools that added over $400k in revenue
- Generated $650K in revenue while reducing costs by converting seminars to webinars
- Installed formal product development process that reduced time to market by 43%
- Created upselling and cross-selling web tools that increased average sale by 14%
President – Rocky Mountain Product Development & Management: 2000 to 2001
Association dedicated to educating and training the Front Range product management and marketing community on product management and marketing best practices. Led organization for the one year term. Responsible for finding and developing the Board of Directors to include marketing, programs, membership, and educational curriculum.
- Set and executed organizational vision and strategy for the year
- Worked with membership director to grow local membership by 13%.
- Worked with program director to grow monthly training attendance 18%.
- Identified next president and led transition to new leadership.
Product & Marketing Manager | Sales | Support, Pentax Imaging – Golden, CO 1992 to 2006
Global consumer electronics manufacturer. Led cross functional team of 3. Developed annual and quarterly revenue plans for achieving market growth and sales targets. Managed promotional budget of $2 million and co-managed advertising budget of $10 million. Successfully executed go-to-market plans on over 60 new products. Defined, prioritized and drove product vision. Performed market & competitive analysis. Identified market needs, crafted and articulated product vision, defined and drove product strategy, documented product requirements, and created and implemented go-to-market and product launch plans. Developed clear and concise product positioning and messaging based on research, testing, and in-depth understanding of consumer electronics industry. Translated business drivers into actionable product strategy. Supported, trained & empowered direct and dealer sales teams through training, collateral, tools, merchandising, and sales calls. Presented and represented Pentax at numerous conferences & tradeshows.
- Led transition from engineering-driven to market driven product development.
- Increased 3 year market share 11% (point and shoot), 3% (SLR), 7% (digital), and 8% (medium format) by tightening market focus and developing niche products
- Technical & subject matter expert for Pentax at conferences and trade shows
- Ushered in the digital era for Pentax with an innovatively designed camera
Bachelor of Science, Psychology, Colorado State University – Ft Collins, CO